Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Taste of Home: Maryland Crab Cakes



It was Monday night, the first work day after the time change. It was a hectic day - I was running late for a lot of things. It was 7:30pm and I had no idea what to make for dinner. Luckily, I had just bought some fresh crab meat at the grocery store earlier.

I threw together a salad with crab cakes and called it dinner. So...what makes this Maryland crab cakes? The Old Bay. Yeah, we always have Old Bay with our seafood back home.

Ingredients:
1 lb. Fresth Crabmeat
1 beaten egg,
1 tablesppon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I used whole grain)
1 teaspoon Worcesteershire sauce
2 tablespoons butter
Old Bay Seasoning
Panko or bread crumbs

Mix all these ingredients together and form into patties (I was able to get 6 patties out of this batch). Fry for about 4 minutes on each side.



I served it on top of a bowl of greens.




No comments: