Thursday, March 15, 2012

Red Wine Braised Lamb Shanks


Meh - I'm not really happy with my plating or this photo.

While at the grocery store, I got all kinds of protein. I picked up this rack of lamb. Thinking I'd like to add rack of lamb to my "Things I've cooked" list. 


I only used half of this rack because I'm only cooking for two. Which turned out to be these three pieces here. As you can see, one piece is significantly larger than the other two.


I used this recipe submitted to Food & Wine.com and followed the instructions (I'm good at that).  It actually turned out really good and now I can say I made lamb shanks. Yay, me! I served this with mashed garlic potatoes & chives, some green beans and carrots - because I love veggies.

Veggies for braising. I was upset the grocery store didn't have fresh bay leaves, WTF? So I had to settle for dried ones. 


Here it is with the wine and all.


Baby carrots, green beans and potatoes.


Chives (as if you don't know what chives look like). I think they're pretty.


Garlic mashed potatoes & chives.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is french style lamb chop sistah...
looks so yummy