Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thomas Keller's The French Laundry & Autograph

J & I landed a reservation at The French Laundry (after 3 years of trying). It was a last minute surprise for us because we found out we had the Sat. night reservation on the Tuesday night. We ended up spending beaucoup bucks, but hello, it's one of the top restaurants in the country, so we had to experience it. All the photos were taken on my phone, in dim restaurant lighting, so the quality isn't so great. But, at least you can see what you get from The French Laundry (we actually supplemented our dinner with additions because we wanted to try all Keller had to offer). Here are some photos of our meal:
















They sent us home with shortbread cookies. We enjoyed these at home, after our 1.5 hour drive from Yountville.

While waiting to be seated one of the restaurant guests requested Chef Keller sign her menu. I was like, that's a great idea! So I did the same before I left. I didn't really expect anything, but 2 weeks later, I received the autographed menu from that night. Nice touch, French Laundry!

No comments: