Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunday Night Pistachio Ice Cream Success


Oh. My. Goodness. I feel like I can make anything at this point. The pistachio ice cream I made last night (and will eat more of later) was so good. I think it's just as good or even better than B&R's. Hehe. I used the recipe posted on epicurious.com, but I think that was taken from Bon Appetit - regardless, the recipe can be found here.

I used less almond extract than the recipe called for (used 1/4 teaspoon instead of 1/2 teaspoon) and I think it was the right call. I've had good experiences in the kitchen this past weekend, and it makes me very happy :)

The ingredients:
2 cups milk
1 cup whipping cream
4 large egg yolks
1 cup shelled pistachios
1 cup shelled pistachios grinded with 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract


After cooking the milk and pistachio & sugar until the sugar dissolved, I added it to the egg yolk and 1/2 cup of sugar and then drained it. Looks like this:


This is the liquid:
After it chilled, I added the whipping cream and tada...the batter:

I added the roughly chopped pistachios (and a handful of roasted chopped almonds) into the ice cream maker while it was churning. The result was some delicious ice cream. Yay me!

No comments: