Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chocolate Macarons: Success



I was excited and a bit nervous about making chocolate macarons because all the blogs I read told me it would take many tries to get them right.  But, I decided to follow David Lebovitz's recipe, and am very happy with the result :) of the macarons.  The macarons taste great with the texture I was hoping to achieve, so overall this recipe was a success.  The chocolate filling also came out great, but it took a while to thicken up.  So delicious!

I wasn't sure how they would turn out when I piped them onto the baking sheet (I wasn't very confident about the placement):

I only have one baking sheet (need to buy more), so I used some thin cake pans for the rest of the batter and they ran into one another:


I ate one of the "bad" ones and it was delish, hehe.  Today was a good baking day!

No comments: