Thursday, September 9, 2010

Apple Pastries

I decided I wanted something sweet. I had these apples my brother gave me from his yard that I've had for awhile and I needed to do something with them. It was pretty late in the evening, and I didn't have time to make the dough, but good thing I had some frozen puff pastries in the freezer. I had bought them once with the intention of making a baked brie (that never happened). So, it's a good thing I had the frozen puff pastries in the freezer. I let it thaw and made me some apple pastries using apples from my brother's backyard.
I know there's a peach in that picture. I was going to use it too, but decided not to.
Just a couple of ingredients (brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
Combined with thinly sliced apples.
Add a few cubes of butter and bake.
Quick and easy dessert for a weeknight.

No comments: