Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First Time: Green Chard

Tonight, I cooked and ate green chard for the first time. I had no idea what to do with this leafy vegetable, so I searched online and chose a random recipe. I wouldn't even know it was edible if I saw it out in a field somewhere. To my surprise, it was a tasty leaf vegetable.


1 bunch of green chard


Washed and ready to cut. This was a medium sized leaf, there were others that were much bigger in the bunch. It took up all the space on my cutting board.


Cut and ready to go


Sauteing


Ready to eat

I ate this with a bowl of rice. It was a light dinner. I wasn't sure if I'd like the chard or not, but it turned out pretty good.

I sauteed it with olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and then sprinkled a little salt & pepper to taste. J enjoyed it too :)

No comments: