Monday, March 7, 2011

Soy & Honey Glazed Salmon

Monday Night Dinner:


Today I visited the Fresh & Easy that opened up in SJ last week. It's a subsidiary of Tesco, a chain grocery store from the UK - crossing over to the states. It's already in AZ, NV and SoCal and finally making it's way to NorCal. I had read great things about it and decided to check it out for myself today. It really is a cute place; had great fresh produce items, it's own branded specialty items as well as major brands you'd find elsewhere. I'm sure to be back! I found some great looking salmon there and picked some up. I broiled the salmon in the oven and served it with rice and a medley of vegetables.

The best thing about the meat products from Fresh & Easy is that they are in nice, sturdy plastic containers with a sealed plastic cover instead of the styrofoam piece with saran wrapped around it like you would find at other stores:

Here's the recipe for the glazed salmon:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey (you can use less if you like it to be less sweet)
1.5 tablespoons mustard (I used whole grain mustard)
1 tablespoon water



Whisk all these ingredients and heat to a simmer.
Broil the salmon filet, flipping over halfway. Once the filet is cooked, I drizzled a spoonful of the glaze and let it broil for a little. I served it with some rice and vegetables, and drizzled another spoonful of the glaze. Pretty yummy!

No comments: