Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shaky Beef aka Bo Luc Lac

What's for lunch? Jerry works from home every Wednesday, so I get to eat with/make lunch for him. This is the only meal we have together. Today, I made shaky beef aka bo luc lac for lunch. I marinated the beef overnight.

Marinade:
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar (I used Splenda)
1 tbs soy sauce



Plate the tomatoes on the plate:


Vinegar sauce:
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
some sugar (again, I used Splenda)
pinch salt
pinch pepper

Toss the lettuce/watercress lightly in the vinegar sauce and then plate:


Toss the red onions in the vinegar sauce (I only used 1/3 of a small red onion cuz I'm not a fan of raw onions)

Cook the meat (we like it medium)


Plate the meat on top of the bed of lettuce/watercress:


Plate the red onions on top of the meat:


You can drizzle more of the vinegar sauce on the plate if you want.

I served this with a small bowl of rice, but it can be eaten alone. I also made a chili soy sauce dip to add a little bite to the dish. It's just a little soy sauce with a chili pepper mashed in the sauce.

2 comments:

Bren said...

Looks like some great recipes. I have a website/blog also, and on it I have a recipe page for old fashion recipes. I would like to have permission to put your link on my page so people can come and visit you. My blog is new and I want people to join. Please check it out and let me know, Thanks Bren
www.linkathought.com. You can find me if you go to your address bar.

l0r said...

i am going to try this recipe too! thx!